• Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 0
  • Yesterday Answer: 0

Wish List...

More
14 years 7 months ago #1273 by Ismael
Wish List... was created by Ismael
Okay before I get inundated with: \"I want a stable threshold and less noise\", Get me the circuit for the 2000 and your wish is my command!!! So be reasonable. No seriously this area is for what you think might be possible, and don't be afraid of looking stupid, some of the most stupid things are actually quite clever and possible and anyway I (or others) will soon tell you.

Of course no flaming or defamatory remarks will be tolerated especially criticizing someone's ideas...:evil:

Go for it...B)

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
Regards Ismael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #1297 by stickwhipper
Replied by stickwhipper on topic Wish List...
Why can't the coil be powered with a seperate higher power battery that will give us more depth?

Michael

More
14 years 7 months ago #1301 by Ismael
Replied by Ismael on topic Wish List...
stickwhipper wrote:

Why can't the coil be powered with a seperate higher power battery that will give us more depth?

Michael

Hi Micheal, with the SD Series using a regulator (like the DAE) does boost transmit power as these detectors transmit with power direct from the battery (or source).The reason we only go to a maximum of 8.5V is the detector design stops us from effectively going higher, also as mentioned around the web, going to a higher voltage will also add to receive noise gain so negates any actual gain or benefit you may get. To add a power source down to the coil would not be efficient as all you can really do is amplify the signal to it. WoodyFrankston has been working on putting more power to the coil by isolating the transmit in the GPX 3000 detectors to do what we basically can do with the SD and a regulator.

I hope this helps answer your question.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
Regards Ismael

More
14 years 4 months ago #1425 by AZNuggetBob
Replied by AZNuggetBob on topic Wish List...
Hi Ismael, Why not build a GPS into a metal detector to mark spots and make it easy to locate previously hunted locations when your hunting. Do you think the GPS would interfere with the detector electronics??
AzNuggetBob

• prospectinginoz
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
14 years 4 months ago #1426 by prospectinginoz
Replied by prospectinginoz on topic Wish List...
Some Gps units when switched on certainly do interfere with ML machines particularly the early model SD's.Fast digital switching can cause huge noise spikes in analogue circuits. Mixed analogue/digital circuits need to be very carefully designed with the optimal components to minimize this problem.It is by no means a trivial task.
Doug

More
11 years 7 months ago #2191 by Grubstake
Replied by Grubstake on topic Wish List...
Ismael, is the lighted back screen forv the 4000 still in the works, or have you given up on it? If it is, I want to send mine over to be done, but not until after our detecting season ends over here. Grubstake

Time to create page: 1.155 seconds