• Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 0
  • Yesterday Answer: 0

Step-up Regulator

More
14 years 6 months ago #1272 by Ismael
Step-up Regulator was created by Ismael
Quite a while ago I made a step up regulator, some may remember me posting about it. Well the major problem was that it occasionally made the detector start wailing and the only way to settle it was to turn the voltage down (or up) or even turn of the detector.:blink: This was quite annoying as you would not know whether it was just the detector starting to drift. I never gave up though as it worked really well and eliminated the need for 12V to run 8.5V on the detectors using the Step-down process, also it runs basically cold so no more heat problems. At the time I tried to contact national semiconductors (where the boost regulator IC is from) and told of my problem but never got a reply:silly: . Recently I thought I'd try another type and ordered some samples and also tried again asking support. Well low and behold they replied this time and gave me some ideas to try so once I try these changes it might be on the cards again which will make it a better option as you can use the standard 6V 10Ahr battery as supplied with the detector and therefore detect for much longer without charging or changing batteries.:cheer:

I'll keep you up to date. Also check the progress in the left of the site at the bottom.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
Regards Ismael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #1871 by BobE
Replied by BobE on topic Step-up Regulator
G'day Ismael,

I am surprised that there a plenty of viewings to this post, but not much feedback.

This is an idea I have been toying with myself, where did you get with it.

Cheers...Bob (in West Oz)

More
12 years 4 months ago #1883 by Ismael
Replied by Ismael on topic Step-up Regulator
Hi Bob, I did have some success but found that it would be unstable sometimes. I run LiPo batteries now so didn't continue with it...

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
Regards Ismael

More
8 years 9 months ago #2313 by bobsreturn
Replied by bobsreturn on topic Step-up Regulator
what type of lipo and where did youget them? thanks Bob

Time to create page: 0.340 seconds