• Yesterday Answer: 0

external speakers

• kris
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 6 months ago #148 by kris
external speakers was created by kris
Wondering if anyone has used an external amp/speaker on their 2000m ?? I purchased a mini/amp kit from dicky smith last week and put it together I have only tested it in the garage there was a lot of noise from the a/c ext.. but it seemed to have plenty of volume on very small nuggets, the kit was only $9.95 its only basic but I had an old speaker, box, plugs in my junk bin so it`s a lot cheaper than coilteks $100 touch hope to get out next week to try it.

regards

kris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kimble
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 5 months ago #149 by Kimble
Replied by Kimble on topic external speakers
Made and used several over the last couple years. On a GP and SD 2000m I love em, haven't used my headphones since. I think the amplication helps. And additional comfort is worth it (think it helps my concentration). Saftey is better, you can hear something behind you.

Only downside is other people can hear you at a distance. Also, after several months on the back of my atv, the dust will get into the speaker and it get noisy. Then I take out the other and and replace it

Any speaker set for a computer will work.(US $20-40) Recommend one that is amplifided, volume dial, and on/off switch. Use the speaker with the controls. ( cut off the other, save for spare part) Most of them are 9volt. I got a plug and spliced it into my dectector cord. Works ok on 6v, even better on 7.3v. Found a zipper mesh bag to sew on my shoulder strap, so it rides just below my ear. Also made a longer cord. To run from my back pack, over my shloulder, by my speaker down my arm to the detector. This also helps in the heavy brush here Arizona.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds