sd2000 battery help

• golddog
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
17 years 8 months ago #1232 by golddog
sd2000 battery help was created by golddog
Hi I have A minelab sd2000 it has the 2 mods done and it has the 6 volt battery. I would like to change to a 12 volt system
what will I need to do for this? and what battery will I need to by? I only have limited electrical knowledge.

thanks golddog :huh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 8 months ago #1233 by GaryQ.
Replied by GaryQ. on topic sd2000 battery help
G'day golddog,

Mate where do we start as there has been so much said over the various forums. Is this battery system better than this one, and so on and so on. Even with your limited electrical knowledge, if you have not already, click on \"Techinical Info\" under the Main Menu for a comprehensive run down on the various types of power sources and regulators to use for a 12 volt system.

At the moment it seems Li-ion System is the front runner although I have continued to run the 12 volt sealed lead acid for my modified 2000 using Ismeal's 6 volt to 8 volt variable regulator without any hick-ups. I was running the heavier 12V-7AH(amp hour) and I am yet to try a set of smaller 12V-4.5AH batteries that my mate used successfully on his 2200 with a Coiltek 7.3 volt regulator. Weight of the battery can be a deciding factor in your decision.

The most important thing to do is to use a REGULATOR with the 12 volt battery system and NOT connect the 12 volt battery directly into your 2000. The 2000 will accept up to 10 volts but my 2000 shuts down at just over the 8.5 volt mark. Ismael's variable regulator was set to at max of 8.5 volts when I purchased it. You can adjust it internally for more voltage but I saw no extra performance above the 8 volt mark. Depending on the Coil and Type of ground you are detecting over you can wind the voltage back if using a variable type regulator. Other than this you can operate a Fixed type regulator in the 7 volt range usually set at 7.3 volt.

Regards

GaryQ

More
17 years 8 months ago #1234 by GaryQ.
Replied by GaryQ. on topic sd2000 battery help
Damn I had to delete this as this was a double posting.<br><br>Post edited by: GaryQ, at: 2006/08/21 15:34

Regards

GaryQ

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds