• GaryQ.
  • GaryQ.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
17 years 9 months ago #1223 by GaryQ.
GB1 Pulse Width was created by GaryQ.
Ismael and all,

It seems the SD2000 can produce a “Long Tx Pulse Width\" around 210 usec with standard Xtal frequency of 1.8 Mhz to 2.0 Mhz running its Ground Balance set in “Search” position, unless I am wrong..

Any idea of the SD2000's \" Long Tx Pulse Width\" when set in Balance 1 position only, with same Xtal frequency as above?

Gary<br><br>Post edited by: GaryQ, at: 2006/07/19 16:40

Regards

GaryQ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 9 months ago #1224 by Ismael
Replied by Ismael on topic GB1 Pulse Width
Hi Gary &amp; all, in reply to your question it seems about right your measurement. It has been quite a while since I put the 2000 on the scope but vaguely remember it was 4 div @50Us. It wouldn't be much more but it would be slightly longer.

Unfortunately the frequencies I have found in a majority of 2000's seems to be just off a little from 1 - 2. They may be a frequency more like 2.01Mhz &amp;- 2.07 Mhz. So there is not much point in some detectors. Also some detectors do not function very well if at all on Frequency 1. :angry:

More confused than ever now?:blink:

I will try to have a look some time next week and get back to you with what my detector comes up with in Usec...

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
Regards Ismael

• GaryQ.
  • GaryQ.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
17 years 9 months ago #1225 by GaryQ.
Replied by GaryQ. on topic GB1 Pulse Width
G'day once again Ismael,

Definitely seems I am the Lone Ranger at this forum when it comes to posting. I was asked on a new Aussie forum that started up, if I still had my SD2000 now that I was persuaded to buy a mates GP3000. I was happy to keep running my GPM after it pulled my biggest nugget yet until my detecting mate wanted to upgrade his 2200 to a 3000, so I stepped and bought his 2200 box. I ran it for some time without success except for a couple of tiddlers. Mate than bought the 2200 back to persuade me to upgrade to a 3000. Since running the 3000 I have only slightly increased my nugget haul with nothing above the 2 gram mark but have found the smallest nuggets yet using the 3000's in sens. mode with 11\&quot;DD.

My mate and I are planning a testing session drilling hole at 45 degrees inground and run an all out test with the 3000, 2200 and 2000GPM to satisfy my curiousity

Thanks for your reply Ismael and is now a couple of weeks since you posted. Just wondering mate have you put your 2000 under the scope yet for those pulse widths in Balance 1.

Regards

GaryQ

More
17 years 9 months ago #1230 by robbyH
Replied by robbyH on topic GB1 Pulse Width
Gary,
I took some pictures of the waveform at the gates of the switching fets and the long pulse is very close to 210 usec long. I'm not sure which crystal was switched in at the time though but it was one of the slowest.

The pulse lengths are dictated by the crystal selected and the channel selector switch position doesn't influenced these lengths in any way .
Rob.

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds