• Pennyweight
  • Pennyweight's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
19 years 8 months ago #105 by Pennyweight
gold to date! was created by Pennyweight
G'day Izzy & forum readers,
It has been damn hard to find many days when I can go out buzzing lately but I finally can spend at least one day a week here in Western Vic. The weather is getting slightly better and the yellow metal is showing itself!

I have done a tally with my GPM and the grand total so far is 14.25oz, 292 pieces.
Biggest bits are 9gm, 18gm, 22gm and of course the 3.6oz (photo posted elsewhere on this forum!).

I have recently been testing the Coiltek 24\" DD elip. Pro and can honestly say that the 2000-GPM loves it! The 18 & 22gm slugs were found with it and about 20 small ones between 1-3gm.

If you take my advice, try the 10\" Joey DD Pro on the GPM, it has produced the goods countless times on hot ground. Along with my standard 8\" Minelab mono, it's the most frequently used coil I swing. My article on the GPM sounds like being published in AGG&T in a month or two so watch out for that for all the 'nitty-gritty' details! Cheers for now, Pennyweight

Regards

Pennyweight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 8 months ago #106 by GaryQ.
Replied by GaryQ. on topic gold to date!
Pennyweight and fellow detectorists,

Looks like Pennyweight has his GPM well sussed out. Only wish I could find as good as haul as he has . Well done.

Our nugget spot, appropriately named by myself as \"Nugget Hill\" has yielded many nuggets to a partner I had met up with last year who found the \"Hill'. He mopped up most of them, 1st with a GPX and CT Joey mono and now with his 3000 and that damn Joey mono again.

Another partner with a 2200 also has found some real small stuff with his Joey pro DD which was missed by the Joey mono. However he was unable to run a NF 14\" Ellip mono smooth enough with the 2200 over the hot ground at the \"Hill\" and snag what either Joey might have missed at depth. He since traded the 14\" on a NF 16\"DD which on its maiden trip grabbed a 5.5 grammer at 10\" again missed by the other detector and coil combos.

Interesting to read your success with CT's new 24\"DD pro along with its baby brother Joey. I have only found 2 nuggets at the \"Hill\" with my GPM running the ML 11\"DD and was not confident to try the Joey pro DD on any small leftovers.We all agree now that nuggets are all still lurking too deep for our current coil combos.

Have persevered lately with my 2000GPM running my CT 18\"DD and even tried my old 18\" Mono but yet to produce a big one at depth. Also mate with 3000 has returned with his new CT 17\" Ellip Pro DD and it turned up a little beauty on its maiden trip which again we had all missed. We then gave the 3000 a run with the NF 16\"DD but nothing as yet came to light.

Therefore the big ? begs, what is my/our next Coil of attack as deeper ground beckons lower down where Nugg'Hill starts to flatten out.

Dare I say : Do I/we go 20\"or 25\" Nuggetfinder DD or 24\" Coiltek DD Pro. Large mono's maybe but would they run quiet enough on the GPM and 2200 as a 3000 could probably manage. Of course I would like to have this answer up my sleeve and give my GPM that advantage.

By the way pennyweight did you find the 18 and 22 grammers at some depth with the 24\" pro or will this be disclosed in the GG & T. Just asking just in case.

Regards

GaryQ

• Pennyweight
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 8 months ago #115 by Pennyweight
Replied by Pennyweight on topic gold to date!
Hi Gary,
I find that the Coiltek 24\" eliptical DD Pro is capable of some great depth, there are numerous lumps of non ferrous junk in my scrap barrel that were recovered from over a foot depth. One lump of copper (an old lamp top) was dug from a measured 75cm!!! It measured 8cm across.

The 3/4oz lump (an ugly bugger) was found at approx 60cm! Soft signal, it was contained in a lump of conglomerate. I had to dig a flamin' big hole to get the 24\" coil into it! Try the bigger coils alright... turn the GPM to position 2! Cheers,
Pennyweight

• Pennyweight
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 8 months ago #116 by Pennyweight
Replied by Pennyweight on topic gold to date!
Hi Gary,
I find that the Coiltek 24\" eliptical DD Pro is capable of some great depth, there are numerous lumps of non ferrous junk in my scrap barrel that were recovered from over a foot depth. One lump of copper (an old lamp top) was dug from a measured 75cm!!! It measured 8cm across.

The 3/4oz lump (an ugly bugger) was found at approx 60cm! Soft signal, it was contained in a lump of conglomerate. I had to dig a flamin' big hole to get the 24\" coil into it! Try the bigger coils alright... turn the GPM to position 2! Cheers,
Pennyweight

More
19 years 8 months ago #117 by GaryQ.
Replied by GaryQ. on topic gold to date!
Thanks mate for the reply and depth results.

The 24\"Elip.DD Pro sure seems to punch deep as you have proved. Its smaller brother the 17\"Elip.DD Pro is starting to make a name for itself amongst our group of coils.

That damn 17'' Elip.DD Pro pulled another nugg' off the hill a couple days ago on the 3000. I hope to borrow the pro and give it a run next week on my GPM. Also will test the 17DD pro in-ground over my 3oz copper piece in my test hole dug into side of old pothole and see how it stacks up against my standard CT18DD. Mates NF16DD on his 2200 was unable to match my 2000GPM with CT18DD on the 3oz piece in-ground. If all goes to plan I will test the 3000 with 17DD pro also.

No wonder a bloke can't find any damn gold as I am always testing.

Hoo..Roo

Regards

GaryQ

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds