• Yesterday Answer: 0

My first test with SD2000-GPM

• GaryQ.
  • GaryQ.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
20 years 7 months ago #6 by GaryQ.
My first test with SD2000-GPM was created by GaryQ.
G'day to all,

I suppose someone has to be the first to get the GPM Discussion rolling so here goes.

After a couple of rather LONG e-mails and a couple of LONG phone calls to Ismael with plenty of questions I decided to have Ismael give my old 2000 his GP Mod a week or so ago.

Decided to trial it last weekend up against one of my detecting mates 2200. He was running a Coiltek Eliptical 10"DD pro and I ran the standard Minelab 11"DD. Spent time adjusting the different GPM settings and will need more field time to gain more experience.

Found no Gold on the day but tested both detectors over a couple of targets before we dug them up. One was a tiny shotgun type pellet and the other a tiny tack. My 2000GPM was clearly louder than the mates 2200 to his astonishment and mine but would have preferred a test on a undug nugget.

Heading out this Weekend again to a Hotground area known for tiny Gold. This trip is with 3 of us including another mate and his GP3000 so should be interesting if I can keep up with his 3000 and the other mates 2200 again. Somehow I think my 11"DD will be outgunned up against a 10" joey Mono on the 3000 and 10" joey DD Pro on the 2200 although my SD2000GPM did surprise on its maiden trip last week.

Hoo...Roo...GaryQ

Regards

GaryQ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 6 months ago #11 by Ismael
Replied by Ismael on topic My first test with SD2000-GPM
Glad to see you contributing and also winning a little...

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
Regards Ismael

• GaryQ.
  • GaryQ.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
20 years 6 months ago #24 by GaryQ.
Replied by GaryQ. on topic My first test with SD2000-GPM
;) G'day all once again.

Just a update regarding what has transpired since my first test with Ismael's GPM on my 2000.

As mentioned from 1st test I had hoped to test up against mates new 3000 but he was unable to venture out so with other mate and his 2200 with 10"DD Pro we hit our fovourite flogged nugget spot which had been detected over previously with a GP Extreme, 2200 and my 2000 before its GP mod.

Found my first nugget a 6.7 grammer with my SD2000GPM running its standard Minelab 11"DD over deeper hot ground. Can not beleive how we all could have missed this one as the receive signal came in load and clear before digging it out at 10" wedged in hot rock rubble and clay.

Photo shows nugget on coil beside hole dug to release it from its ancient hiding place.

Thumbs up to Ismael and a his GP mod.

Hoo..Roo..GaryQ

Regards

GaryQ

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds