modded 3500

• neddy
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 3 months ago #2381 by neddy
modded 3500 was created by neddy
Yesterday my 3500 arrived after being modded by Ismael. It arrived at around 11am and by 12.30 I was up at my local old gold diggings site. I had few nervous moments not knowing what to expect when I first turned it on. The site is normally noisy with a fare bit of EMI from local security fences etc. I was delighted as to how quiet the machine was in this situation. The ground is highly mineralised and by going onto the smooth timings and using the sensitive 2 mode I was able to detect comfortably. I was using a Nugget Finder Sadie coil. I walked about 100 mts down the main track and got a faint but obvious signal. I dug the signal thinking it might be rubbish as this is the main thoroughfare where hundreds of detectorists and walkers have been over. I was delighted when 1 gram nugget emerged at about 6 inches depth . I had only been there less than half an hour.
I detected for another half hour or so and my battery gave out, I knew the battery wasn't much good and went back to the car for another battery and try a different coil. I put on a big 18inch PM Tarantular coil. It was new I had never used it. I had to play with the settings and found I was able to use the smooth timings again and also the deep settings on the 3 position switch. I dug some deep signals which turned out all to be small pieces of iron which are a pain especially when using such big coil. I later put my Sadie coil back on and play with different settings I tired using Smooth, sensitive 2 and fast timings on the 3 position switch and started to dig a few hot rocks it was obviously too hotter ground but then realised I was using fixed tracking and should have been on tracking. I slowed my swing down and was able to detect with out digging hotrocks
I ran out of time and had to head home
Well all I can say is thanks Ismael,I am a very happy customer, why didn't I do the mods earlier.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.693 seconds