• Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 0
  • Yesterday Answer: 0

2100 2200 Mods

More
12 years 7 months ago #1844 by Ismael
2100 2200 Mods was created by Ismael
Hi all, this is to update you all on the recent experiments with modded 2100/2200. Both detectors had similar mods done to them. This included a multi frequency mod (similar to the 2000 VCO) and gain improvements. The 2200 had one extra which you have 3 selectable timings, these are: 1 a timing that gave an increase in performance with slight difference in timing, 2 a timing that is almost the same as used on the GP3000 this was noisy but gave a definite improvement and lastly 3 the standard 2200 timings. The 2100 I was using seemed a lot moe stable than the 2200 in standard settings which was a surprise to me. Maybe it is just because I am more used to the 2000 than anything else also I believe the manual tune leads itself to be a better option than auto-tune on the 2200.

Firstly I will point out that the 2200 was the overall winner and even when compared to a 2000 was very good. On the down side the 2200 definitely wanted to use a regulator rather than a straight battery. On increases on individual detectors the 2100 increased in sensitivity and depth considerably and as I said was very stable. The only downside was the gain could not be increased to a higher level like the 2000 otherwise Ground Balancing in channel 2 ran out. An easy adjustment for this was to up the gain to where GB 2 ran out and then decrease the gain in Channel 2 until balanced. The 2200 worked very well with all the mods but was a little noisier. This I had been told before that the 2200 was a noisy machine but I had one a few years ago and found it very quiet but that machine was hopeless on extreme ground and refused to balance properly. I also had to use a DD Coil. I enjoyed using the 2200 once I got used to it and the sensitivity and depth gained was significant. I would recommend that modding theses machines is a must as they excel modded. My pricing for modding the 3 detectors is as follows:

2000 with GPM, VCO, GB gain & smooth mode $475
2100 with GPM and 2 extra frequencies $425
2200 with Gain, 4 extra frequencies and 2 extra timings $525

I will be trying to purchase either a GP Extreme, 3000 or 3500 as I am sure the same mods as with the 2200 can be applied to them. I must confess that the mods to the 2200 and GP series are not of my own findings and came from Zed. He has done these and numerous others which have been thoroughly tested and only those that are proven advances are implemented. As with all mods we perform we stand by them to give significant PROVEN gains unlike the hype available elsewhere and all mods can be switched off to return to the standard modes.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
Regards Ismael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #1846 by Zed
Replied by Zed on topic 2100 2200 Mods
So Ismael did ya have a good five days up the bush ?
Give ya a ring when i get connected.

Cheers Zed....

More
11 years 3 months ago #2218 by jaytee
Replied by jaytee on topic 2100 2200 Mods
Good evening
I am wondering in regards to mods for original green box 2100, if there is one to replace the internal screws (and loose the tiny screwdriver)with an external screw fittings for easier tuning?
regards
john

More
11 years 3 months ago #2221 by Ismael
Replied by Ismael on topic 2100 2200 Mods
Yes there is I have performed many where we replace the internal pot(s) with external the same as ML have done with the newer Version 2 2100...

Regards Ismael

More
11 years 3 months ago #2222 by jaytee
Replied by jaytee on topic 2100 2200 Mods
Ismael
Thats good, can you let me know time involved and cost?
regards
john

More
11 years 3 months ago #2223 by Ismael
Replied by Ismael on topic 2100 2200 Mods
Hi John the cost is $75 including postage. Takes around an hour to perform.

Regards Ismael

More
6 years 3 months ago #2380 by Shumba-dog
Replied by Shumba-dog on topic 2100 2200 Mods
Hey guys, I am brand new to prospecting.
Am pretty excited just now because a mate of mine has lent me his Modded SD 2000
(GP Mod I think?) it has the on/off dial with the 1,2,3,4 selector on the same dial.

Any and all advice/opinions on this model would be much appreciated.
Intructions of how to use it would be fantastic too... I have found a Manual for the standard SD 2000 but cant seem to find much on the GP Mod...

I am in Northern Queensland near Charters Towers, as I said, I would very much appreciate any and all advice or opinions.
Thank you.

Time to create page: 0.437 seconds