Modified SD2000s to GP3000s

• GaryQ.
  • GaryQ.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
13 years 3 months ago #1843 by GaryQ.
Replied by GaryQ. on topic Modified SD2000s to GP3000s
Woody has now come out and said Ishmael has a good idea with the VCO mod for the SD2000, but he has shifted away from the SD2000 and modded the SD2200 which leaves it for dead on deep gold and small gold.

What's next I do wonder....

Regards

GaryQ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #1845 by gef12
Replied by gef12 on topic Modified SD2000s to GP3000s
Hi Kris
You can do a simple test on those cheap chinese globe type fluros.. If you have a small portable am radio ..turn it on..u will hear a buzzing sound on a faulty one ..walk thru out the house to receive a strong buzzing when placed near the culprit fluro ..this works
cheers

More
13 years 2 months ago #1849 by IBGold
Replied by IBGold on topic Modified SD2000s to GP3000s
Hi pennyweight I can report after my trip to Teetulpa and Mt Grainger that the 2000 with the VCO is street's ahead I could not properly test it with mono's as I had changed the Smooth Mode capacitors before I went to a what I was told was a better type but they were no good so I have gone back to what I had I will retest while I am down the south east over the next few days.Strawbridge gully was good on the west bank as I a sure you know. Regards IanB)

More
13 years 2 months ago #1850 by Pennyweight
Replied by Pennyweight on topic Modified SD2000s to GP3000s
Hi Ian,
thanks for the partial feedback.
Yes, the hillsides down from the old letterbox turnoff to the west side of Strawbridges have produced a lot of gold. The hills directly to the south have also produced some nice patches. Hope you get to figure out the 'ins & outs' of the smooth & sensitive mode soon.

I am waiting to see the outcome of a new and very cheap detector that may be avail within weeks. No point spending money to modify something that may be superseded a week later.
Will keep everyone posted. Cheers, Dwt

Regards

Pennyweight

More
13 years 1 week ago #1908 by BobE
Replied by BobE on topic Modified SD2000s to GP3000s
Hi All,

Anyone out there working on Extreme mods?

I have Woody's bypass mod slated, but am interested in anything else that may be around before performing surgery.

For instance, I am looking at a higher voltage (hava a Coiltek LI system lined up). Minelabe advise max voltage for an Extreme is 7.3V but the DVT technology does not really benefit from increased voltage.

Is this because both the wide pulse and the narrow pulse are internally regulated, or just the wide?

If it is just the wide pulse, then why isn't there an advantage with the higher voltage, does it screw up the Wide/narrow timing relationship?

Why can't we just leave well enough alone...

Cheers...Bob

More
13 years 1 week ago #1909 by Zed
Replied by Zed on topic Modified SD2000s to GP3000s
G`day Bob

Yes mate,the wide and narrow pulses are both internally regulated,increasing the supply voltage will have no affect on the transmit voltage,some people will argue that the extra supply voltage does make a differance,i can only see this happening with the audio cct as it does run of the supply voltage,it may be a personal thing you will have to suck it and see.

Zed

Time to create page: 0.922 seconds